We are thrilled to announce that JustWears has officially become B Corp certified! This certification is a huge achievement for our underwear brand, and we could not be more proud about it.
At JustWears, we have always been committed to making a positive impact on the world. From the very beginning our mission has been to create the most comfortable and sustainable men's underwear using our unique breathable, moisture wicking Micro Modal Air fabric. We believe that by doing so, we can help solve functional issues in our customers' everyday lives, while also doing our part to protect the planet and support workers' rights.
The B Corp certification is a natural extension of our values and our mission. It is a way for us to prove that we are genuinely committed to making a positive impact in every aspect of our business.
So what does a B Corp Certification actually mean?
For those who may not be familiar with B Corp, it stands for Benefit Corporation. B Corp is a certification that recognises companies that meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. In other words, B Corp is all about using business as a force for good. It's not just about maximizing profits; it's about making a positive impact on the world.
What do we get assessed on?
There are five impact areas a company is assessed on.
- Governance: assesses how our company is structured and how we make decisions. It looks at factors such as transparency, accountability, and how we balance the interests of different stakeholders.
- Workers: assesses how we treat our employees. It looks at factors such as wages, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and training and development opportunities.
- Community: assesses how we impact the communities in which we operate. It looks at factors such as charitable giving, community engagement, and how we support local businesses.
- Environment: assesses how our company impacts the environment. It looks at factors such as our carbon footprint, waste reduction, and how we source our materials.
- Customers: assesses how we interact with our customers. It looks at factors such as customer satisfaction, customer privacy, and how we communicate our values to our customers.
To become B-corp certified, we had to undergo a rigorous assessment process and we are delighted to have scored 95.5, far above the B Corp certification qualifying score of 80! Check out all of the details of how we achieved our certification here.
We are proud to be part of a global movement and community of like-minded businesses that are using their power for good! We are committed to ongoing transparency, accountability and improvement across everything we do.